Just me and my life

Just me and my life
I'm the tall one in the center.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Post Father's Day Blog

So yesterday was Father's Day, as most of you are aware. And it surprised me just how much yesterday bothered me.  My dad and I are not close, have not been close for a while.  And it sucks, it really does.  Long past are the memories of time spent just hanging out on the farm, or talking to him about life.  I speak to my father about once a month, maybe. And it is a conversation that usually consists of 3 key elements.  Hi, how are you, and do you need anything.  That is what our conversation sounds like most of the time.

My father and I used to be pretty close, but over time and due to many reasons we have separated.  But life goes on.  I have learned that I don't need my father to be happy.  I am at the age where if he wants to be a part of my life, that is fantastic, if not, oh well.

But this blog is not meant to be one to give me sympathy or anything like that.  I have been one of the luckiest people do to my other parental figure, my mother.  She has been both father and mother, and then once she married my step-dad, still continues to be the single most important person in my life.  She has given me the tools I need to navigate the storms of life, and she is always there supporting me.  I love her and am so grateful for all that she has done for me, and I hope that I can be half of the parent she is.

So for those of you out there who are like me, with a less than desirable father figure, don't worry, you are just as whole and loved and blessed as someone with two fantastic parents.  Every person's situation is different, and you will learn and grow from whatever experience you have been placed in.

I love you all, keep fighting the good fight.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment